November 10 Daily S&T Trendletter
- TSU Scientists Create Artificial Peat Bog to Capture Greenhouse Gases
The idea of the researchers is to create waterlogging centers that will restore natural landscapes and slow down human-caused climate change.
- The main grouping of small satellites “Gryphon” will be launched in 2025-2026
Earlier, Roscosmos reported that the Gryphon Earth monitoring system currently being developed in Russia will consist of 136 spacecraft based on 16-unit platforms (one unit is a cube measuring 10 by 10 by 10 centimeters).
- Successes of Russian farmers in the use of AI: neural network recognizes more than 150 types of weeds
The article contains an interview with IT Director Artem Petrov from Rusagro, a Russian agricultural and food company. Among the topics is digital transformation.
- More than 5 billion rubles will be allocated for the renovation of the Cosmonaut Training Center
The funds are planned to be used for the modernization of the CPC building complex. In three years, in particular, it is planned to build a new sports and recreation complex for the cosmonaut squad, a multifunctional transport support complex and a large-scale reconstruction of most of the buildings of the complex
- Scientists have found a way to create analogues of living tissues
Scientists in Russia have proposed a new way to produce artificial polymers with properties similar to living soft tissues. Such smart materials will exactly repeat the mechanical response that living organs give under various loads and influences.