October 20 Daily S&T Trendletter
- In Russia, sunken ships will be carved up with a laser
Rosatom and the Russian marine engineering company Tazmar Maritime began the disposal of ships sunk off the coast of Sakhalin using laser technologies. For the first time, a mobile laser complex created by specialists of the Trinity Institute of Innovative and Thermonuclear Research was used for cutting ships.
- 5 billion rubles will be allocated for the creation and implementation of high-tech products
Russian enterprises that create innovative products receive systematic support from the Government. An additional 5 billion rubles will be allocated for research and development (R&D) on 70 projects. This order was signed by Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin.
- A prototype of utility vehicles with a hybrid engine was presented in Russia
SUSU scientists presented a hybrid garbage truck that runs on both an internal combustion engine and electric traction. The garbage truck on the chassis of the Ural truck is a completely domestic development.
- Roscosmos plans to modernize the warning system for dangerous situations in space by 2026
The state corporation clarified that the complexity of the situation in space is rapidly increasing, so work on the development of such systems does not stop.
- The research center “Artificial Intelligence in Pharmacology” is being created at Sechenov University
The main project of the center is the development of a complex of technological solutions using artificial intelligence methods, thanks to which some stages of drug development will be reduced.