October 19 Daily S&T Trendletter
- Russian scientists have studied the behavior of ions in nanopores of supercapacitors
Positively and negatively charged particles – cations and anions – behave differently in ionic liquids, which affects the electrochemical properties of the entire device, scientists from the HSE have found out. To obtain such information, the researchers created a computer model
- New projects of research missions to the Moon and Venus were presented at the Space Research Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences
The Luna-26 mission is scheduled to launch in 2027, Luna-27 in 2028 and later. At the same time, Luna-27 will have a backup in case of mission failure. The Venus-D mission is scheduled to launch no earlier than 2031.
- The government has proposed to introduce a tax on imported IT equipment. The money received will be used to support Russian production
This was announced by the Minister of Digital Development, Maksut Shadaev during the Infotech forum. According to him, this measure will help to avoid unfair price competition and raise the cost of foreign solutions for those positions for which Russian analogues are available.
- The Luna-25 images showed a large proportion of water in the walls of the lunar crater compared to its bottom
Space Research Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences made a statement, that “the researchers compared the photo of the crater with the available data on the soil of its surface. According to the results of the analysis, it turned out that the soil of the crater walls contains a large proportion of water ice compared to its bottom”.
- Russian OS developers want to negotiate with manufacturers of Chinese, Indian and Vietnamese smartphones about pre-installing their mobile systems on them
According to the source, smartphones will be sold under their original names. But at the same time, there is also no information about which brand smartphones will be transferred to Russian operating systems.