October 18 Daily S&T Trendletter
- In 30 years, developed countries will switch to electric vehicles. What awaits Russia
The article provides a brief overview of the situation in the EU, the USA in comparison with Russia.
- Doctors will be able to personalize the treatment of atrial fibrillation
In Russia, an approach has been proposed that will allow doctors to use neural networks to create an algorithm for performing operations for the treatment of atrial fibrillation — cardiac arrhythmias. Based on MRI images of the heart, the neural network reconstructs atrial conduction: it finds cardiac arrhythmias. The article was published in the Journal of Applied Physics.
- Algae has been used in waste-free technologies in Russia
The scientists of NArFU have established that northern seaweed can be used as renewable plant raw materials: in the food industry, regenerative medicine, pharmacology and the creation of biodegradable materials (bioplastics). Studies of poorly studied marine flora of the Arctic sector are published in the journa Algal Research.
- The Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences is discussing cooperation with China on the Spektr-UV space observatory
The researchers propose to make a common communication channel at the Russian observatory and the Chinese telescope, or to equip the Spektr-UV with an additional Chinese device.
- MISIS has developed an ultra-compact navigation system for drones
The NV-micro navigation system operates in the temperature range from -50°C to +70 °With and has no errors due to vibrations or strong heating of the engine. The results were published during the 2023 30th Saint Petersburg International Conference on Integrated Navigation Systems (ICINS).