November 9 Daily S&T Trendletter
- The Russian authorities spent 1.4 trillion rubles on science in 2022 – the results of the study say
In 2022, the trend for a increase in science costs at current prices remained: their volume reached 1.4 trillion rubles (in 2021 — 1.3 trillion rubles). Russia is still among the top ten leaders, closing the list. In terms of the share of such costs in GDP (0.94% in 2022), it ranks 43rd
- Lobachevsky University has developed a vaccine for the prevention of brain tumors
Now the activation of the oncopatient’s own immunity is used as a supportive therapy and prevention of metastasis. But Russian scientists are sure that the method can be used as an independent treatment. The drug has been tested on mice and has shown high efficacy, the next step will be the development of a vaccine for the treatment of tumors.
- Scientists of Primorsky Krai and China have agreed on research in the South China Sea
Scientists of the National Scientific Center of Marine Biology of the Russian Academy of Sciences and the Institute of Oceanology of the South China Sea of the Chinese Academy of Sciences signed a memorandum of cooperation in the field of marine biology, which also includes the resumption of joint research in the South China Sea.
- The Russian authorities intend to increase fines for illegal processing of personal data, including biometrics, as well as their leakage
The initiative implies financial punishment not only for leaks, but also for processing personal data without the written consent of their owners. If the new initiative comes into force, the fines will increase up to 10 times and will amount up to 1.5 million rubles, depending on who exactly violated the law.
- In Russia, scientists have increased the power of semiconductor lasers
Scientists of the A. F. Ioffe Institute of Physics and Technology of the Russian Academy of Sciences and the Polyus Research Institute proposed a method to increase the power of semiconductor lasers using barrier layers. They prevent electrons from “leaking” out of the laser core, in which radiation is generated.