November 7 Daily S&T Trendletter
- Students of Bauman Moscow State Technical University will conduct an experiment with the opening of a solar sail on the Parus-MSTU satellite.
The satellite developed by students was launched by Russian cosmonauts into orbit during a spacewalk on October 26. Parus-MSTU is equipped with a solar sail, which creates thrust when bombarded with solar charged particles.
- Salaries of IT specialists have sharply increased in Russia
The median salaries of IT specialists in Russia increased by 10-15% in the first 9 months of this year and reached 1 million rubles per month. The shortage of personnel and the need for rapid development of domestic services to replace the departed foreign ones contribute to the growth of salaries.
- The Russian Science Foundation will allocate grants for microelectronics projects to Moscow companies
The companies will receive grants for the implementation of projects in the amount of 30 to 90 million rubles. The RNF competition for the selection of technological proposals in the field of microelectronics was aimed at supporting experimental design and technological work (R&D) to form scientific and technological foundations that ensure the development and import independence of the industry.
- More than 10 import substitution projects in the field of electronics are being implemented in the Moscow region.
At the moment, 14 investment projects in the field of import substitution are being implemented in the electronics industry. The total investment volume is 10.6 billion rubles. The implementation of the projects will bring 1300 jobs to the region
- The Ministry of Education and Science and Rostec strengthen joint work to ensure the technological sovereignty of the country
The head of the Ministry of Education and Science of Russia Valery Falkov and the Director General of Rostec State Corporation Sergey Chemezov signed a cooperation agreement, which provides for joint work on the preparation of educational programs taking into account the needs of industrial enterprises, including within the framework of the federal project “Advanced Engineering Schools”.
Source: Ministry of Education and Science