November 20 Daily S&T News
- How the state supports the introduction of artificial intelligence – review
The Russian artificial intelligence market grew by 17% in 2022. Due to the adoption of the federal project, Russian developers can now receive extensive support for the development of AI technologies. The article presents an overview of the achievements of Russian companies in specific sectors of the economy achieved thanks to state support.
- The Ministry of Digital Development of Russia has proposed to reduce grant support for IT companies
In particular, it is proposed to increase from 20% to 50% the level of grant co-financing of projects of Russian IT companies at the expense of the recipient of the grant (the state reduces its share in subsidizing). The previous level of state participation in financing 80% of the cost of the project was In 2022 due to the need for accelerated replacement of foreign solutions. Now, Russian analogues are already available for 90% of solutions.
- The delegations of Nanjing University and the People’s University of China visited the HSE for the first time to discuss potential areas of cooperation
Chinese universities have shown interest in implementing joint research projects, educational programs and academic mobility programs. In particular, cooperation in the field of studying economic disciplines, academic exchange opportunities for students and teachers, as well as holding joint summer schools were discussed.
- The Ministry of Economy proposes to redirect the debts of the regions to innovative technology parks
The Ministry of Economy proposes to allow the regions of the Russian Federation to spend the funds released due to the restructuring of their debt to the federal budget on infrastructure to launch new investment projects in priority sectors, the creation of technology parks in the field of high technologies. According to experts, the changes can stimulate the innovative development of the Russian Federation — but the mechanism may remain unclaimed due to its lower attractiveness compared to other measures to support the regions.
- The Russian universities that best popularize science in the regions are named
Moscow and St. Petersburg made up the first group (from 51 to 150 higher educational institutions). The most mentioned in the press and social networks in the third quarter of 2023 were Lomonosov Moscow State University, the Higher School of Economics, MIPT, RANEPA, MGIMO University, MISIS University, Sechenovsky, GITIS, MEPhI and the Moscow Aviation Institute.