November 17 Daily S&T Trendletter
- Researchers from Russia have created an eco-friendly material for optoelectronics
Scientists of the St. Petersburg State Electrotechnical University “LETI” and the Institute of Semiconductor Physics of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences (IFP SB RAS) have received fully functional structures for creating photodetectors and radiation sources without using substances dangerous to health – mercury and arsenic. The results of the study are published in the scientific journal Materials Today Physics.
- Russian computer technology developer Yadro develops AI applications for ARM and RISC-V processors
The company is creating applications using deep learning models for the Android Open Source Project (AOSP). Based on AOSP, Kvadra OS was created for the tablet of the same name, released by Yadro. Applications will run on ARM, and in the future on the basis of RISC-V. It is possible that a team of developers who left for Yadro from Intel R&D unit in Nizhny Novgorod is developing applications.
- Russian Linux can now work with strategic Chinese processors that are no worse than Intel Core and AMD Ryzen
Russian operating systems of the Alt family, thanks to the Basalt SPO company, received full support for the Chinese LoongArch processor architecture. This is China’s own development, which has been developing for more than 20 years. At the end of 2022, all developments related to LoongArch and processors based on it were recognized by the Chinese authorities as strategically important and banned from export outside the PRC, however, an exception was apparently made for Russia
- A new representative office of St. Petersburg State University has appeared on the basis of Walailak University in Thailand
The new representative office in the Kingdom of Thailand plans to hold joint research and educational projects, conferences, seminars, public lectures by famous Russian scientists and public figures, as well as events
Source: Embassy of the Russian Federation in the Kingdom of Thailand
- Vladimir Putin instructed to consider the procedure for simplified admission to Russian citizenship for foreign graduates of all universities in the Far East
The Head of State approved a list of instructions following the results of the Eastern Economic Forum held in September. A report on the results of the study of this order should be submitted by December 15, 2023.