November 13 Daily S&T Trendletter
- The Ministry of Education and Science said that the number of young scientists in Russia has grown over the year
The number of young scientists in the Russian Federation in 2022 increased: under the age of 30 – by 537 people, aged 30-39 years – by 135 people. The total number of scientific and technical personnel in the Russian Federation, including researchers, technicians and workers, increased by about 7,200 in 2022 and reached 669,870 people. Russia ranks 6th in terms of the number of key categories of scientific personnel – researchers.
- Who and how can legally shoot down UAVs in Russia – results of the state commission
The State Commission on Radio Frequencies was unable at its meeting to make a decision on the use of electronic suppression of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and other unmanned means. Apparently, the means of suppressing UAVs in Russia will be allowed only to law enforcement agencies, departmental security and private security companies.
- Digitalization of security systems in industry – CNews material
The digital security systems market has undergone significant changes over the past six months. They are associated with a number of factors, but the most significant are the expansion of the functionality of security systems and the increase in requirements for them on the part of business units.
- Nizhny Novgorod Scientific and Educational Center (REC) will support 12 innovative scientific and technological projects with grants
The total amount of support amounted to about 71 million rubles. Among the winners there are projects in which university teams actively participated. Projects in different industries: UAVs, prosthetics, medicine, materials science and more.
Source: Government of the Nizhny Novgorod Region
- Integration of business and science: what world-class Research Education Centers (RECs) s are capable of in Russia
REC in a broad sense is understood as an association of universities, research institutes and business, which is designed to create scientific developments for the real sector of the economy in various industries.The REC’s work is based on technological projects with a focus on research and development to obtain new competitive products and their introduction to the market